Since first meeting as a small group of people in 2011, we have grown steadily, seeing plenty of evidence of the grace and power of God. We believe that the Holy Spirit is with us as we gather and fully expect salvations, healings and contributions during our meeting.
We love to have fun together and leave plenty of time to enjoy each other’s food and drink! From summer BBQs to weekends away together; community is so important to who we are as a church. There is something beautiful about the love of Jesus being shown within community that crosses cultural, social and language barriers.
Nigel is married to Glenda and they have two grown up children, Jenny and Phil. Nigel is a cricket enthusiast, and an avid follower of Crystal Palace FC (we don’t hold that against him!) Glenda is a Geordie girl through and through and loves a good Stottie! Nigel and Glenda both served on the staff team at Kings Church Braintree. They moved to Thetford in 2011, and are excited to be here. God has given them some very clear promises for Hope Church Thetford, and they know it is a privilege to be part of what God has for this beautiful town.
Ian is married to Jo and they have two young children, Lucy and Jacob. They moved to Thetford in 2014 to be involved in the church here. Ian is a Wasps fan and keenly follows Liverpool FC; they love going for walks in the forest as a family. They love being part of such a diverse community of people and have a desire for other families to know the love of God in this town.
- Bring hope to the town of Thetford – hence our name!
- Become a large church of influence in the town
- Enjoy being a multicultural and multinational church
- Grow and develop links with other nations
Here are some of our key values:
- Word and Spirit – following God’s teaching and guidance through Biblical wisdom and spiritual gifts.
- Worship and prayer – acknowledging God and his place in our lives. We seek to glorify God by living our lives as an act of worship; through prayer we communicate with God.
- Family and friendship – following Christ’s example and God’s teaching throughout the Bible, we seek to be loving, caring and show friendship and kindness to all peoples. The family is an important unit throughout the church; we ourselves are one large family, who in turn, are a part of the family of churches across the world.
- Grace and giving– God is so lavish with his grace upon us in our lives. As we receive grace we endeavour to give it out to each other in our relationships, and by giving to those in need, not judging or excluding anyone.